15 year warranty like no other
The Shield range of timbers are sourced from certified, well managed forests and other controlled sources. Timbers are manufactured by M&M Timber to the highest standard with every stage of the process from grading of timbers, debarking, machine rounding, profiling and manufacturing undertaken with precision and care.
Shield 15 Year Warranty - registration process
Following purchase of Shield Fencing range timbers, you must register your purchase within 60 days of purchase date to be eligible for the warranty cover.
Registration can be made as follows:
- Online - Complete your registration online here.
- In store - If you do not have internet access,please ask for a hard copy registration form from your local store staff at the time of purchase.
The Benefits of Shield
- Anti–twist four sided point
- Pressure treated with Tanalith E to offer a greater level of protection
- Huge savings in replacement materials and labour over extended lifetime
- Meets Use Class 4 (UC4) BS8417 for ground zone requirements
- Incising pattern approved by the Building Research Establishment (BRE)
- Industry award of quality from the Wood Protection Association (WPA)
What Makes Shield Different?
The Shield post and strainers feature a scientifically designed incising process for increased protection delivering a virtual ‘zone of confidence’ at the critical area where the post is at most risk of decay.
During production, a band of consistent and uniformed incisions reach a depth of up to 6mm and can span up to two thirds of the posts length to help penetration of the wood preservative. Incising also serves to ease surface tension and reduces the implications of surface cracking.
Shield timbers are kilned down to 40% moisture for Spruce and 30% for Pine. This improves absorption of wood preservative Tanalith E and lifetime of timbers.
Anti-Twist Four Sided Point
Shield posts and strainers are manufactured with an anti-twist four sided point. This feature delivers reinforced support for fencing posts and in particular straining posts.
Tanalith E Wood Preservative
The wood preservative Tanalith E is forced deep into the timbers under a proven high pressure treatment process to ensure long term protection against decay and insect attack.
Product & Reinstallation Warranty Guide
Up to 1 year
14 years 11months
Reinstallation warranty works on a sliding scale of 6.67% reduction per year.
For more information call our Timber & Fencing Specialists.